Koh-I-Noor's Boar Bristle Pneumatic Brush is luxury hair brush that you will be delighted to use. Competitively priced compared to other high end brushes. "Pneumatic" means the bristles are mounted in a rubber pad (rather than in the handle itself) which has a pocket of air trapped between it and the handle. Pneumatic hairbrushes are ideal for use with longer hair or thicker hair. All Koh-I-Noor products are designed and manufactured in Tredate, Italy.
Koh-I-Noor Jaspé Boar Bristle Pneumatic Brush
Start with dry hair – avoid boar bristle brushing wet hair, because this can cause breakage and doesn’t distribute the sebum well. Detangle hair first – a boar bristle brush will not detangle and will actually create more tangles if you start with a tousled head of hair. Gently detangle your hair first using a wide-tooth comb. Always brush from root to tip – With each stroke of the brush, start at the root of the hair and work all the way down to the tip. This distributes the sebum and creates shiny, bouncy locks. Brush in sections – Unlike a regular hair brush, you need to approach boar bristle brushing with a careful plan of action. First, start by brushing the back of the hair by bending over, then stand up and brush the hairline.
The Jaspé Boar Bristle Brush is perfect for all hair types and is made with only the best boar bristles available. The handle has a faux tortoiseshell appearance.
There are several benefits in using a boar bristle brush including the following:
• Boar bristle brushing is a conditioning treatment. The unique structure of the boar bristle carries sebum – the oil produced by the scalp – from the scalp to the end of the hair shaft. By coating each hair strand with a very, very small amount of sebum, a boar bristle brush repairs dry hair and adds lustrous shine.
• Boar bristle brushing improves hair texture. If you have straight hair, it will add bouncy volume and shine. If you have curly hair, it will condition and slightly loosen the curl.
• Boar bristle brushing reduces frizz. Sebum is the original and most effective anti-frizz serum.
• Boar bristle brushing stimulates scalp. A boar bristle brush feels relaxing on the scalp and stimulates blood flow to the hair follicles, which can improve hair growth.
• Boar bristle brushing reduces the need for styling products. Do not use heavy styling products with a boar bristle brush (see instructions below).
• Boar bristle brushing reduces the frequency of washing. A boar bristle brush prevents oil build-up at the scalp, which weights hair down and makes it look greasy. By transitioning to Morrocco Method shampoos and using a boar bristle brush, most women find that they can reduce the frequency of their hair washing to every two, three, four or even five days.
You may return any item purchased on our website within 30 days from purchase. Return shipping is the responsibility and expensive of the customer.
IMPORTANT: Closeout items, holiday or seasonal items and Gift Cards are ineligible for exchange or refund.
Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of purchase in new, unused condition and in original packaging.